POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Question: Output folder : Re: Another Output folder Question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Output folder Question
From: Y
Date: 7 Sep 2001 11:50:56
Message: <3b98ece0@news.povray.org>
: This feature caused support problems (folks set it, forgot it, then complained
: that they couldn't find their output files ...)
:
: So it's been removed and I don't think I'll put it back. It's not too hard to
: set it by hand in the master INI file, after all ... (don't forget to add it
: to the IO restrictions setup if you do).
:
: -- Chris
:

Bug ??? or just a flawed brain ? ;)

I've been trying to set it like so in the INI file:
Output_File_Name=G:\Programs\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\Images

and when I render, I get this in the message window under Output Options:
Output file: G:\Programs\\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\Images.bmp, 24 bpp

And that's what happens ... regardless of the scene I render, the output writes
to a file *Images.bmp* in G:\Programs\\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\
instead of writing the correctly named file into my Images folder.

Also ... I edited the PVENGINE.ini  and added #3:
[Permitted Output Paths]
1=%INSTALLDIR%\Renderer\ReRun
2=%INSTALLDIR%\Insert Menu
3=G:\Programs\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\Images

I also have tried
3=%INSTALLDIR%\Images
and
3=%INSTALLDIR%
believing from the docs that all folders below this would be included.

 And also opted for Allow Read, Restrict Write but still get the message:
 "I/O Restriction prohibits write access to' G:\Programs\\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\'
For 'images.bmp' "

and an option to bypass the restrictions for this render.

Where this "images.bmp"  thing comes from ... I don't know.

This seems like such a simple thing to do and I have read, re-read and re-re-read
the docs so if this isn't a bug and just me .... sorry ....  I'm an idiot ;)
I don't know what else to try other than let it write to the input folder.

Win98  SE, P200, 64MB (that's right ... don't laugh ;)

Thanks